Plasma surface treatment is a part of almost all technologies provided at VTD. Cleaning processes with plasma at low pressure enable the microscopic, non-aggressive and mechanically non-destructive removal of particles and absorbates such as oxide layers, organic contaminants (oil, wax, varnish) and microorganisms (sterilization) from surfaces. Simultaneously, the surface will be activated and the adhesion of the subsequently applied PVD layer will be improved by the plasma treatment.
In summary, the plasma treatment is used for:
- Improvement of PVD layer adhesion
- Removal of the "water skin”
- Activation of the substrate surface
- Modification of substrate surface
- Cleaning of substrate surfaces